Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Being grateful

Lately I've been thinking about how blessed I truly am, yet I manage to maintain a healthy amount of negativity! It's funny, isn't it? How we can be so so blessed, yet be so ungrateful and allow ourselves to think and behave in ways that would make an outsider believe we were anything but blessed! The thing is... no matter what my circumstances (and mine are not bad) I am blessed! Simply because I am a daughter of the King! Yes, the King.

After mass this past Sunday I took a few moments to thank God for all He has blessed me with, not just material things, although I am grateful for the roof over my head, food, clothing, etc. but for the immaterial things. His very Life in me. His Presence (which gives life, the spiritual kind). His Love. His Strength. His Faithfulness. His Kindness. His Mercy. His Gentleness. His Patience. As much as I sometimes dwell on the "not so ideal" circumstances of my life, God is good. And I am blessed. So this blog will be many things, but one of the things I will be working out is that struggle between recognizing I am blessed and giving in to the temptation to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment